Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Family Fun

For those of you who follow along here on a regular basis or who know me personally know my best friend. If you know her then you know how incredible she is and if you do not know her then I wish you the opportunity someday. She is funny, caring, brillant, fun, a great listener, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the past few months, she along with her fabulous husband (whom I keep telling I want to clone, but he says he is too tired) and their lovely daughter have opened their home to me as well.

Since the selling of my home I have been staying with this lovely family of three. It has been nice to have such a support network at home as well as have a place to relax until I determine what my next move is. Many people ask how is it living there and I think that they are waiting for some huge drama to spill out, but it is perfectly normal and comfortable. We have decided that people really are not meant to live in their own little family units and that things work much better when there is a mini village to assist.

If you stop in over the holidays you will find all four of our stockings hanging by the fireplace. They are knit in lovely white, green, and pinks. Unless you looked very closely you would never notice the masking tape that my name is on. These are the types of things that Kristi will do to make sure that I feel at home. I will have you know that when the lettering on the masking tape did not match the embroidery on the other stockings close enough she did it again until she was happy.

So as I continue to play around with photography I had the honor of taking these three out to the park and trying to capture a few shots that they may find Christmas card worthy before the battery on my camera died. Note to self always travel with extra batteries. So without further ado please meet Kristi, Clint, Lillian, and stay tuned for the baby boy who will arrive in March.





3 comments:

Merissa said...

The pictures are great- I especially like the last one of them on the blanket! Kristi has a beautiful family- can't wait to see their new addition! My college roomie has been living w/ us since August and it does feel perfectly normal. We should count ourselves way blessed to have experienced friendships such as these!

Shell said...

Those are so sweet! What a great friend she must be. I knew her in school, but not well. I am glad she is doing great. Her family is beautiful. How much fun is it to be living with your best friend! I can't imagine!!

christy said...

These are beautiful!