Friday, January 4, 2008

Birthday Week

 
Posted by Picasa

"To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts expressed-this can make life a garden." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I want to highlight my best friend, Kristi, as she turned 30 yesterday. Since we believe in celebration in the form of a birthday week as opposed to one day I decided I would write this post the day after her birthday. I hope that it will add to her week of celebration. She likes to say that we became best friends when I picked her and she gave in. However, it happened we have developed an incredibly strong friendship over the past 13 years which I am eternally grateful for.

She is a woman to be admired. She is an amazing friend, a wonderful wife, an incredible mother, a thoughtful daughter. She is honest, humble, kind, funny, intelligent, and definitely fun. Kristi uncensored is my favorite. She tells it like it is and I need that. There is a strength within her which is unparalleled.

Thank you for allowing me the honor of being your friend. You have an amazing story from your past twenty nine years. I can only imagine how great the coming years will be.

6 comments:

christy said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday, Kristi!

Anonymous said...

Wow, turning 30 doesn't seem quite so bad when I think of all the people who love me. Thank you so much for the loving entry to your blog.

Shell said...

Hi, don't know if you remember me, came across you blog. Congrats on you engagement!
Shellie Ross Tyson

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Krusti.

Merissa said...

Aww! I got goosebumps! You're such a good friend, Heather! Happy Birthday Kristi- your little girl looks like you! :)

Heather said...

Shellie: I certainly remember you from the fabulous Mr. Hill's Math class. I thought I saw Jennifer Morgan who was in that class with us as well the other day. I just wasn't sure that it was her. I hope that you are well. Thanks for the congratulations.