Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weekender

For the past few days I have been island hopping along North Carolina's serene Intercoastal Waterway with these lovely friends



and their adorable son



in this boat.



We spent lots of time hanging out on beaches that looked like this.



I enjoyed observing the names of various boats that passed us such as Big Honey, Foxy Lady, Reel Happy, Reel Dangerous, and Pole Dancers. Then when I spotted this one called "The Office" I couldn't help, but think how great it would be to have these lovely waters be your office. I mean wouldn't that be grand?



I spotted some color along the way thanks to inspiration from many of you that participated in color week last week.



I also noticed these vibrant blooms as I wandered through the streets of the quaint town of Swansboro.


After spending several days relaxing by the water, with sand between my toes, salt on my skin, seeing my first lightening bugs of the season, playing with a bubble wand, having cookouts, sticky from sunscreen, wearing a swimsuit all day I finally feel like summer is here. I hope that whatever you have filled your Memorial Day weekend with has been as refreshing as this trip has been for me.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am so envious of you. I want that boat!

Merissa said...

Looks like a fun and relaxing time!